My name is Berzan Mikaili Yildiz. I'm currently in the second semester of my Master's in Computer Science at the Technical University of Munich and doing an honors degree at the Center for Digital Technology and Management.
On this page, I'll tell you a bit about myself and what I'm up to at the moment. If you want a more conventional CV, check it out above, along with my LinkedIn and GitHub profiles.
⭐ What I'm up to
- I'm doing my Master's at the Technical University of Munich, currently focusing on Algorithm Theory.
- I am doing an honors degree in Technology Management at the Center for Digital Technology and Management (where founders of startups like Foodora, TradeRepublic, Tier, Monzo and Freeletics have graduated from).
- I'm part of TUM Boring, a team at my university trying to win a competition by Elon Musk's Boring Company to produce the best miniature drill. I work on the control systems connecting the drill to the outside world.
- I co-manage the Google Developer's Student Club, a community of over 100 active members with biweekly events on exciting topics in Computer Science and Software Engineering.
- Related to the above, I am also currently reading Feynman to teach myself physics to broaden my knowledge of natural science.
♻️ What I've done so far
- I interned as a Software Engineer at Datadog from June to October of 2020. I worked on the Agent, an application running on millions of customer's machines, gathering the data that is sent to Datadog.
- As part of my Bachelor's Thesis and subsequent research at the chair of Software Engineering at TUM, I worked on Corvus, the first fully declarative framework for builting RESTful APIs in Swift.
- My first internship was at Raytion, where I was lucky enough to be part of a team building a new, distributed version of their enterprise search engine.
- I've been a member of Academy Consult, a consultancy consisting of students working on projects with real customers. I built the mobile app with React Native and generated over 90 sales leads for a large telecom customer as part of a project.
🧬 About Me
- I love singing and am currently taking both singing and guitar lessons so I'm able to write my own songs.
- I've been doing martial arts since I was 12, probably owed to the fact that I was (and still am) obsessed with Dragon Ball Z (in fact those mangas being the first thing I remember reading).
- I'm (unhealthily?) obsessed with tracking personal metrics. I track everything from diet, to sleep, to happiness, so I can quantify my monthly progress and steer it in the right direction.
- I'm currently in the process of binge watching Star Trek, and currently watching the (very old) Star Trek Enterprise.
- I grew up trilingual: German, Kurdish and Turkish. I also speak Spanish because I spent a semester in Barcelona on an exchange.
- I am an avid toe sock fan and I pity you if you do not recognize their superiority.