My name is Berzan Mikaili Yildiz. I'm currently in the second semester of my Master's in Computer Science at the Technical University of Munich.
On this page, I'll tell you a bit about myself and what I'm up to at the moment. If you want a more conventional CV, check it out above, along with my LinkedIn and GitHub profiles.
⭐ What I'm up to
- I'm currently doing an internship as a Software Engineer at Datadog. I'm working on the Agent, an application running on millions of customer's machines, gathering the data that is sent to Datadog.
- I co-manage the Google Developer's Student Club, a community of over 100 active members with biweekly events on exciting topics in Computer Science and Software Engineering.
- I'm part of TUM Boring, a team at my university trying to win a competition by Elon Musk's Boring Company to produce the best miniature drill. I work on the control systems connecting the drill to the outside world.
- Related to the above, I am also currently reading Feynman to teach myself physics to broaden my knowledge of natural science.
♻️ What I've done so far
- As part of my Bachelor's Thesis and subsequent research at the chair of Software Engineering at TUM, I worked on Corvus, the first fully declarative framework for builting RESTful APIs in Swift.
- My first internship was at Raytion, where I was lucky enough to be part of a team building a new, distributed version of their enterprise search engine.
- I've been a member of Academy Consult, a consultancy consisting of students working on projects with real customers. I built the mobile app with React Native and generated over 90 sales leads for a large telecom customer as part of a project.
🧬 About Me
- I love singing and am currently taking both singing and guitar lessons so I'm able to write my own songs.
- I'm (unhealthily?) obsessed with tracking personal metrics. I track everything from diet, to sleep, to happiness, so I can quantify my monthly progress and steer it in the right direction.
- I'm currently in the process of binge watching Star Trek, and currently watching the (very old) Star Trek Enterprise.
- I grew up trilingual: German, Kurdish and Turkish. I also speak Spanish because I spent a semester in Barcelona on an exchange.